We're committed to processing your application as swiftly as possible. Please keep in mind that the processing time typically ranges from 1 to 2 weeks. During this process, we'll be taking several steps to ensure a smooth experience for you. Please respond to requests from the management and compliance teams promptly to avoid dismissal of your application.
Please note, documentation related to your application will be requested from our compliance team who work remotely. All documentation they request must be sent to them by e-mail, fax or uploaded to Rent Caf if you applied online. Please do not bring documentation to the management office as it will slow down your application process. Contact information is located below.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AND FEES
- Application Fees: Each adult applicant is required to pay a fee of $38 for the screening process, and the household should pay a $250 deposit to secure the apartment. Payment is due within 24 hours of starting the application. Applications without payment will be canceled after 24 hours.
- Required IDs: Upload current identification for all adult members of your household. Please note, the head of household must be aged 50 or older.
- Gather Documentation: While waiting for your screening results, gather necessary income documentation, asset information, and student status documentation. Ensure that all documents bear your name and the current date, and don't forget to provide all pages of each document. If you possess a voucher or another form of rental assistance, please obtain your Request for Tenancy Approval (RTA) as well as your caseworkers name and e-mail address.
- Asset Documentation: If your total household assets exceed $5,000, be prepared to provide current statements for savings accounts, money market accounts, retirement accounts, etc. If you have a checking account, gather the last six (6) months' worth of statements. Remember, we need all pages of each statement.
- Student Status: If your household doesn't consist solely of full-time students, there's no need for student documentation.
- Fixed Income Benefits: If you receive fixed income benefits such as social security, pensions, annuities, etc., we recommend reaching out to the respective authority or source for documentation promptly.
- Social Security benefit letters should be obtained instantaneously through myssa.gov. We cannot accept the annual benefit letter that is mailed to you towards the end of each year.
- Employment Verification: If you're employed, collect your last 4-6 paycheck stubs, ensuring that your name and pay period dates are clearly listed. If you've recently started a new job, provide an offer letter along with your employer's fax number and email address.
- Self-Employed: For self-employed applicants, have your most recent calendar year tax return ready, including Form 1040 Schedule C.
Please note that this isn't an exhaustive list of requirements. If you need more information or have any questions about the documents needed, please don't hesitate to reach out to our management team.
- Step One - Screening: Compliance will conduct a screening report for all adult household members. Compliance will notify you as soon as possible about the results of your screening report.
- Step Two Eligibility Review: Compliance will conduct the eligibility review process to ensure your verified income falls below the limit for your household size. Compliance will ensure that your gross monthly verified income meets our requirements, which is at least 2.5 times the monthly rent. If you're uncertain about the income limit for your household, please consult our website, the resident selection criteria, or reach out to our management team.
- During this step, our compliance team may contact you for additional household information, income, assets, or student status documentation. We kindly request that you respond as promptly as possible to these requests, as it helps expedite the processing of your application. Failure to respond within 24 hours with the requested documentation or proof of your request may result in the cancellation of your application. Please be aware that application fees are non-refundable.
- Step Three Approval Decision: Once we have completed the application screening and review, the management team will communicate the approval or denial status of your application.
- Step Four For applicants with rental assistance: If you possess a Housing Choice Voucher or another form of rental assistance, your RTA will also need to be approved by your caseworker before we can offer full approval. Once we receive an approved RTA, management will schedule a unit inspection with the housing authority. Once the unit inspection passes, management will schedule a lease signing and move in.
- Step Four Schedule Lease Signing and Move-In: If your application is approved, our management team will reach out to you to discuss next steps, including scheduling your lease signing and move in date.
If you have any questions or require assistance at any point in this process, please don't hesitate to contact us as listed below. We genuinely appreciate the opportunity to assist you and look forward to serving you.
- For questions about the property, units and amenities please contact the management office at 763-343-7864.
- For questions about your submitted application that is in process, please contact compliance at [email protected]. All requested documentation must be sent to compliance and should not be dropped off at the management office.
- If you have questions once your application is fully approved, you may reach out to the property manager at 763-343-7864 or [email protected].